Forest Service Feedback
These quotations are actual comments left on Forest Service registration sheets and comment cards by hikers completing wilderness camping trips.
* "Escalators would help on steep uphill sections."
* "A small deer came into my camp and stole my bag of pickles. Is there a way I can get reimbursed? Please call."
* "Instead of a permit system or regulations, the Forest Service needs to reduce worldwide population growth to limit the number of visitors to wilderness."
* "Trails need to be wider so people can walk while holding hands."
* "Ban walking sticks in wilderness. Hikers that use walking sticks are more likely to chase animals."
* "All the mile markers are missing this year."
* "Found a smoldering cigarette left by a horse."
* "Trails need to be reconstructed. Please avoid building trails that go uphill."
* "Too many bugs and leeches and spiders and spider webs. Please spray the wilderness to rid the area of these pests."
* "Please pave the trails so they can be plowed of snow in the winter."
* "Chairlifts need to be in some places so that we can get to wonderful views without having to hike to them."
* "The coyotes made too much noise last night and kept me awake. Please eradicate these annoying animals."
* "Reflectors need to be placed on trees every 50 feet so people can hike at night with flashlights."
* "A McDonald's would be nice at the trailhead."
* "The places where trails do not exist are not well marked."
* "Too many rocks in the mountains."
* "Need more signs to keep area pristine."